Sandpalm doors was established in 1991, initially to manufacture vertical and horizontal sliding doors, mainly for use in the mining industry. Manufacture of roller shutter doors and roller grilles only started later in 1994 and since Sandpalm has grown into perhaps one of the largest manufacturers in South Africa. Concentrating on establishing long term relationships with its core customers, which now comprise of most of the major construction companies as well as the mining industry. The last few years have shown incredible growth.
Sandpalm long ago realised that it could only be as busy as the sum total of all its customers. These same customers have forced Sandpalm to stretch itself and invest in both more sophisticated machinery as well as a considerably larger skilled workforce. Sandpalm works all over South Africa and exports to other of other African countries such as Angola, the DRC, Botswana, Zambia Namibia, Mozambique, and even as far as Nigeria and Algeria. This has all helped to establish Sandpalm as a truly international industrial door supplier.
The biggest contract Sandpalm undertook in 2008 was the design, manufacture and installation of the vertical sliding doors for the HMV workshops at Goedgevonden mine near Oogies. The client specified eight, single leaf doors, 12000mm wide x 8500 high, and would not consider Sandpalm’s alternative of a multi-leaf configuration. The end result was perhaps the biggest single leaf vertical sliding doors ever to have been produced in South Africa with a total individual door weight of 5000kg, each operated by a mere 0.75 kilowatt electric motor.
New Rolltek Range
Sandpalm also designed and produced the more conventional multi-leaf vertical sliding doors for the HMV workshops at both Mafube and Klipspruit mines, the latter job in joint venture with Hydro Doors.
Major roller shutter door contracts completed recently:
- Soccer City Stadium for Grinaker – LTA
- Gautrain Midrand Depot – Trencon
- Central Terminal Baggage – OR Tambo International Airport
- Triton Express – Durban, Cape Town, Johannesburg for Zenprop
- Cosmo City Mall – Fourways for Edillon
- Tshipi Borwa – Sishen - Akhane Construction
- Cradle Stone Mall - Aveng Grinaker LTA
- Newcastle Mall - Aveng Grinaker LTA
- Diepkloof Mall - Adamson Neilson Construction
- Medupi Fire Station - Basil Read
- Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) - Group Five Bldg (PTY) LTD
- Mansopa Hospital – Maseru - Group Five Bldg (PTY) LTD
- ABSA Towers - Murray & Roberts
- Medupi – Exarro Workshops - Stefanutti Stocks Bldg
- Swaziland Ezulwini Mall - Stefanutti Stocks Bldg
- Protea Glen Mall - Vlaming (PTY) LTD
- Standard Bank IT Centre – Rosebank - WBHO
- Central Terminal Building ORTIA - WBHO
- Brownfields Mayo Factory - Tiber Bonvec Construction
- Atcom East HMV workshops - Xstrata
- Fire Station – Germiston - Zonkesiswe
If you would like to find out more about Sandpalm Doors, please contact us!